Saturday 14 February 2015

|| HEADBOARDS | Padded and Upholstered

INSPIRATION: Chic boutique hotel suites; luxury designer interiors; Penthouse apartments; opulence; the essence of luxury    

KEY ELEMENTS: Deep buttoning, stud detailing, tufted, sumptuous layers of padding, horizontal cushioned panels, covered buttons, channel upholstered, picture framed, winged, fluting, seaming and pulled embellishment.
Above image: "Sloane" geometric padded headboard with wood frame The Sofa and Chair Company | luxurious pleated silk cushions and gilt metal lamp in soft grey and oyster palette all The Sofa and Chair Company
Above images: "Sloane" geometric padded headboard with wood frame The Sofa and Chair Company 
Above image: elegantly simple hardwood framed upholstered headboard "Bach" from The Sofa and Chair Company shown in a luxurious deep grey with matching "Escher" daybed
Above images: elegantly simple hardwood framed upholstered headboard "Bach" from The Sofa and Chair Company shown in a luxurious deep grey with matching "Escher" daybed
Above image: glamorous vertical padded "Portland" headboard edged in silver in shades of oyster by LuxDeco | Shagreen bedside cabinet and "Walton" cushions all from LuxDeco
Above images: 1. Tall deep buttoned (tufted) winged headboard "Cygnus" by Headboards by Design available in all UK bed sizes as well as custom sizes 2.detail from the velvet deep buttoned "Residence" headboard by The French Bedroom Company 3.soft neutral deep buttoned velvet "Richmond" headboard from The White Company  and matching "Eaton" sofa
Above image: Sophie Paterson Interiors deeply padded upholstered wall headboard in soft muted shades of taupe
Above image: Cocovara simple padded headboard with stud detailing against a padded upholstered wall | soft palette of grey and beige
Above image: Boscolo headboard with horizontal deep padding framed in wood in a gentle grey palette | cushions "Marbleous" Zinc Textiles


For more information on anything shown in the above images please click on the names under each photograph to go through to their web sites. I create my mood boards/colour palettes with a computer programme called Photoshop by Adobe which is available for both Apple Mac and PC computers.

As always, if I have featured your photograph and you would rather I didn't, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will remove it with my sincerest apologies. 

With warmest wishes
Uk Suppliers of bespoke headboards:







For more bedroom inspiration please click on the pictures below:
            



8 comments:

Notes From ABroad said...

Photos 7 & 8 , "padded headboards" are my favorites. I have always wanted one. I have "Shaker style" furniture , bed and dressers but a touch of French in a couple of pieces too .. so I think I will have to get a new bed if I want a padded headboard :)
that would be fine with me !

Unknown said...

Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

Diana Cloudlet
http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

The Paper Mulberry - Glenda Steel said...

Thank you both so much for your lovely messages! Warmest wishes - Glenda

Peggysuebue said...

Hi Glenda where is the carpet from? What kind of carpet is it & the colour? It looks fab..

Peggysuebue said...

Hi Glenda, what type & colour of carpet is in the last picture? Where is it from please? It looks fab..

The Paper Mulberry - Glenda Steel said...

Hi Peggysuebue,

If you contact the designers Boscolo (http://www.boscolo.co.uk/portfolio/upper_park/) they may be able to help you.

Hope this helps
Glenda

Monica said...

Hello Glenda....the bedrooms are stunning and I adore the nailhead head board. I pinned that one for sure!

Guilherme Chagas said...

Beautiful Upholstered headboads.. Specially the number 2