Thursday 1 March 2012

Darling Buds

With the gentle sunshine warming the earth the early blooms peak through showing hints of the colours to come. A fresh new colour palette heralds the arrival of Spring. Tiny splashes of deepest raspberry set against snowy white and soft palest blossom pinks are crisp and refreshing against the new stems and branches. Here are a few ideas for bringing Spring into the home.

Above image taken from book: Simply Country - Creating Comfortable Style for cottage living Liz Bauwens Alexandra Campbell
Above images:1. Wallpaper 'Almond Blossom' by Anna Dove 2.Rose image from book 'Vintage Chic' by Cabbages and Roses 3.Fabric 'Jardin' 100% cotton by Annie Sloan 4.Flowers in bottles from Country Living magazine
Above image: the gorgeous guest bedroom of Urban Farmgirl featuring 'Podge' cerise cushions by Cabbages & Roses and headboard covered in ''Hatley' cerise linen by Cabbages & Roses
Above image: the gorgeous guest bedroom of Urban Farmgirl detail of the headboard covered in ''Hatley' cerise linen by Cabbages & Roses
Above image: Flowers & styling by Amy Merrick
Above images: 1.Vintage red sprig cushion cover from Pale & Interesting 2.Fabric 'Podge' cerise by Cabbages & Roses 3.Apothecary jars from Pale & Interesting 4.Photography - settee, quilt and grain sack by Mari Eriksson 5.Fabric 'Hatley' cerise linen by Cabbages & Roses 
Above image: locations agency jjlocations
Above image: Book 'Junk Style' by Melanie Molesworth

Above images: 1.Divine interiors and online brocante shop by Dreamy Whites 2.Photography by Mari Eriksson 3.Tiana cotton/silk boudoir cushion from Also Home 4.Fabric 'Natural Hatley' blue 100% linen by Cabbages & Roses
Above image: Photography by Elena Kovyrzina
Above images: 1.Online Interiors magazine Emag Deco article found here 2.Fabric 'Natural Hatley' raspberry 100% linen by Cabbages & Roses 3.Old style notebooks from Cote Bastide 4.Vintage floral and paisley cushions by Velvet Ribbon 5.Lavender bundles by Peony & Sage
Above image: Vintage floral and paisley quiltsside table by Velvet Ribbon
Above image: Photography by Elena Kovyrzina

For more information on anything shown in the above images please click on the names under each photograph to go through to their web sites. The colour swatches featured are my suggestions for accent shades and do not relate to specific paints unless otherwise stated, but I'm sure your favourite paint companies would be happy to suggest matches!
With warmest wishes
 

41 comments:

Susan T said...

Just what I needed on a buy day. The calm and beauty of your gorgeous post. Much love from here and thank you so much or your recent comment.xxxx

HausStylish said...

Oh that is so pretty, I love the Cabbages and Roses stuff, so glad you are getting the first hints of spring over there, we are looking forward to winter here as it's just too hot at the moment. Thanks for your recent comment, and the lovely springtime images.

AweSomeLiving By Rosita de Jongh said...

Beautiful pictures give a wonderful spring feeling ..... but come late spring .... nice week dear greeting rosita

Angela said...

Lovely to see the sakura in your first photograph, having moved back to Antwerp last August from beautiful Tokyo, Japan, I am so missing my home of 3 years, it really is a wonderful place to live. Thank you for reminding me of the beautiful sakura time, although I am not sure if it will be a little late this year, they had snow in Tokyo yesterday!

Foxanddahlia said...

Just when I think you have done the very best post possible, you delight us with a truly delicious mix of images, they are so gorgeous, almost edible colours of Spring and Summer.

You are such an inspiration Glenda, (thank you for your lovely comment)

Love xxx

Divina Chita Brasil said...

I love all, very romantic!

Lana said...

Love all the photos and the Cabbages & Roses fabric. The color swatches you have picked are perfect. Are they paint colors? If they are I would love to know the brands and names of the colors in each photos.
Thank you

lisaroy said...

You always have the prettiest posts! Have a great weekend! xo

The Paper Mulberry - Glenda Steel said...

Thank you so much for all your lovely messages! I am pleased that the blossom reminded you of your time in Japan Angela, it is an amazing place indeed. The colour swatches I feature on each mood board are shades that I have chosen as accent ideas and don't relate to specific paints sorry Lana. I will try when I have more time to add paint shade ideas to posts (things are a little hectic at present - sorry). Thank you all so much once again - Glenda

Virginia Country House said...

So yummy. I'm craving pretty and cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous images!!!
I love the Cabbages and Roses fabric, it is so beautiful!!
Wishing you a lovely day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Leslie said...

Where to start?! The cabbages and roses fabric is gorgeous - love the red and white, pinks and blues. The peonies are my favorite flower. Great ideas here and thanks for sharing.

xx
leslie

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Glenda-
These images are amazing! I could sleep for days in the first bed! I love the palette here.
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

It's always an inspiration to visit, Glenda! I enjoy your gatherings so much.

Home and Lifestyle said...

Wonderful pictures, I get spring feelings here!!

WIth love, Ingrid

Heather Robinson said...

As always, thank you for a bit of dream time! Lovely.

Anonymous said...

There is so much in your post that speaks to me, that top photo with the branch is beautiful, the peonies ... sigh! We are definitely at the threshold of spring.

PS. Bright splashes of raspberry florals against crisp white - yes that sounds divine to me too ;-)

Robynne's Nest said...

Just beautiful images Glenda. I am currently visiting home in Oz, and we are in the throes of late summer/autumn...but I am looking forward to returning to England and it's beautiful spring. Robx

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

Spring is when I miss England, pussy willow, and bluebell woods - still, all the trees are full of blossom, and the hill above my house is one long slope of mimosa ~

THE BLACK BARN said...

I LOVE IT!!!

I LOVE FLOWERS AND FLOWERSPRINTS!

HAVE NICE WEEK,

MIRANDA

All Things Chic 2 said...

What beauty!!! Nice pictures , I enjoyed my visit this day...Blessings Lori

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. Coming to your blog is like a breath of fresh air. The color palette is soothing and dreamy. Spring is in the air!

Jennifer said...

How beautiful and inspiring.

stina sæm said...

Thank you Glenda for your comment.
Your blog is breathtaking as always. Its like I can smell the spring.

With kind regards from the cold Iceland
Stína

Im Spiegel said...

wonderful blog!

Marit said...

Eye candy!!! I loved the bedroom of Urban farmgirl!

Thank you for the inspiration!:)

Marit

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS:) I really like your blog..so much nice inspiration.
I wish you a lovely week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Burlap Luxe said...

My world continues over here :)

Love all what inspires you and then you inspire us.

Thank you for sharing your amazing beauty.
Please stop by to see a valued piece rescued and styled for my home. A patina one could love forever.
xx
Dore

therelishedroost said...

Simply Lovely, I've been attracted to floral linens these days as well, I think I am craving spring and the budget to use Bennison everywhere!

B said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures. It's like you read my mind and put it all in a blog! So glad I found your beautiful 'scrapbook' - I can't believe it's taken me so long! Looking forward to reading backwards! Hugs, B x

summersoul said...

Glenda, you always amaze me with your gorgeous collages of photos. I am inspired again today from reading this post. thank you

MC

vicki archer said...

Such a beautiful post... thank you for the inspiration... xv

Anonymous said...

I just love you beautiful blog and your eye for detail... I recently became a follower. I put you on my blog today in a tag list. Hope you pop over and take a look! Thanks- Meg

The Paper Mulberry - Glenda Steel said...

Thank you so much for all your fabulous and most kind comments, they really have brightened my hectic week! Also welcome to new followers and warmest of wishes - Glenda

Anonymous said...

Stunning, absolutely divine. I would love to know if I could purchase that rose print divine wallpaper online?? T'would be perfect for my frontroom. x

Anne said...

So beautiful! Lovely post, and blog ~ I'm a new follower ~ ♥♥
Anne

Annie said...

Hi Glenda, many thanks for following my blog. This post is just gorgeous. I've been a long-time fan of Cabbages and Roses, but have just recently discovered Peony and Sage...I think I'm in love with everything in their entire product range!

I'm now about to sit down with a cup of tea and look back through all of your other lovely posts! Have a lovely weekend.
Annie

Apple Blossom Barn said...

I am entralled by your blog, such style! I love Cabbages and Roses,

Best wishes

Denise

Pamela said...

So beautiful these photos! Thank you Glenda!!!
Pamela xo

Isabel G. Ruisánchez said...

What a lovely blog you have; delicate, calm.., makes me feel I´m in other place, far from the city. Beautiful!
Following from Llanes (Spain).
http://unmomentoparamicercadeti.blogspot.com/

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Glenda, faboulous post - as always :) the first image just sums Spring up!! I've been saying for years that I must get some Cabbages & Roses fabrics in my home - now I really want them after seeing this post - top of my to do list!!

Sharon
xxxx