Thursday 15 March 2012

Rustic White

Rustic white interiors, breezy, relaxed and inviting; combining brocante finds with a contemporary pared-down look. Soft rustic textures with pretty faded florals, washed vintage linens and crisp white cottons. Wood adds warmth, be it natural or painted and rural industrial elements contrast perfectly with the softness of cottage fabrics. The finished look is fresh, practical and very, very comfortable.
Above image: Gorgeous bags and accessories made from vintage fabrics by Ana & Cuca
Above image: Divine home and photography of Lara Sheleheda of Air-kissed
Above image: House to Home online magazine photographer Tom Scott
Above images: 1.Film & photography location the gorgeous Camber Sands Cabin at Beach Studios 2.Vintage kitchen items by Hvitur Lakkris 3.Fabric - "Deckchair Stripe" in Swedish Gray by Peony & Sage 4.& 6.Fabulous French baskets and twine from interior shop Julias Vita Drommar 5.Fabric - "Violet" on oyster linen by Bennison Fabrics
Above image: the divine styling from Susanne's blog Den Gamla Skolan
Above image: Film & photography location the gorgeous Openview Barn at Foster House
Above image: Film & photography location the gorgeous Openview Barn at Foster House
Above image: Stylist Louise Rastall

Above image scanned from book: "Junk Style" by Melanie Molesworth
Above image: divine table linens by Cote Bastide
Above images: 1.& 3.Parcel labels and pretty linens from interior shop Julias Vita Dromma 2.Fabric "Faded Floral" on oyster linen by Bennison Fabrics 4.Photograph "Upsidedown Town" by Sara Cantrell 5.Fabric "Wreath" charcoal by Peony & Sage
Above image:lovely vintage kitchen finds of Hvitur Lakkris 
Above image: gorgeous "Natural Hatley" linen in raspberry by Cabbages & Roses
Above image scanned from book: "Junk Style" by Melanie Molesworth
Above image: Film & photography location the gorgeous Openview Barn at Foster House
Above image: Film & photography location the gorgeous Openview Barn at Foster House
Above image: the gorgeous kitchen of the lovely Kjerstis from the blog Kjerstis Lykke
Above images: 1.Gorgeous wooden chopping boards from shop SLOWFSHIONhouse 2.Pretty "Roses & Ribbons" in sage and pink by Peony & Sage 3.& 4.Divine linen cushions, bags and styling by Ana & Cuca 5.Fabric "Faded Rosebuds" in pink by Annie Sloan
Above image: Film & photography location the gorgeous Openview Barn at Foster House
Above image: Film & photography location the gorgeous Openview Barn at Foster House 





For more information on anything shown in the above images please click on the names under each photograph to go through to their web sites. The colour swatches featured are my suggestions for accent shades and do not relate to specific paints unless otherwise stated, but I'm sure your favourite paint companies would be happy to suggest matches!
With warmest wishes
 

41 comments:

Greenorchid said...

Perfectly Beautiful Images... thank you... smiles Cass x

Lynne said...

Glenda,
As always, your stories are so beautiful and filled with INSPIRATION! The details...I will visit several times, just to make certain that I take it all in!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Greet Lefèvre said...

Hello Glenda,
I enjoyed this gorgeous spring post as I always do !!! Thank you for all the inspiration, all the work you put in your posts! They are gorgeous! I have to tell you that working on my projects, I love to come to visit your blog to find some inspiration for fabrics and wall paint colors, that match together!
Thank you my friend!!

Ann said...

Three cheers to your always stunning post, full of images and ideas that make me want to re-do my home!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is such an appealing style! You have presented some wonderful elements. So beautiful!

Home and Lifestyle said...

Wonderful pictures, I like it all!!

Divina Chita Brasil said...

Hi Glenda! I love white and this images look so beautiful! It´s really comfortable!!! I leke so much!
bacione

AweSomeLiving By Rosita de Jongh said...

What a beautiful post, gives me a feeling of summer. Delicious white colors ... a post one of enjoyment. Finally some sunshine here in Harlingen with this post makes me good day, great week dear greeting rosita ....

Lana said...

Love all these images. They are great inspiration for what I would like my home to look like.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post with gorgeous images - the very look that I am trying to achieve here in our tiny cottage in the woods.
Wishing you a lovely Thursday, Glenda!
~ Zuzu

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I LOVE your blog!!!!!!!!!I can actually spend ALL DAY on it. One of my favorites! THANK YOU for so much inspiration:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenda,
Such beautiful images!! I am a sucker for white anything!!
Hope you have a lovely day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Karen said...

Glenda,
This is a topic that has been on my mind lately. There was a post by Kifus at Inspired Interiors featuring the "rustic" white or shabby chic...by any name, so charming and lovely.
Karen at Garden, Home & Party

Dawne Boynton Polis said...

Oh, Glenda, when you put words like "Rustic" and "White" in the title, I'm here in a flash! How i love these photos! As always, you do your homework, and search out images that none of us have seen before, as well as introduce us to the beauty of new websites.
Thank you for all you do!
Hugs,
dawne

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful post and thank you for using my fabrics, its an absolute honour to be featured on the Paper Mulberry! Kisses PEONY & SAGE

Just White said...

I adore this post and each photo that you have shared today!!
Always a pleasure to visit you!
Have a lovely evening, Eliana

DomCurieuse said...

Wonderful selection.
I love white and wood together.

Jalon Burton said...

I just love your images and this post is no exception! Beautiful... Thanks so much for sharing. Happy St. Patrick's Day - Jalon

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Oh love this beautiful post. I wish I could take it all and out it in my home. Just beautiful...so peaceful and serene. Thanks for sharing these images.
have a wonderful weekend
~Cheryl

All Things Chic 2 said...

Love all the beautiful pictures you chose for this album...Very inspirational...Blessings Lori

Kellie Collis said...

How gorgeous! Love that rustic look on white. Have a gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

The Cloth Shed said...

Lovely post Glenda and I have just popped over to Ana and Cuca...fabulous bags, thanks for sharing.
Julie x

Rozmeen said...

Hi Glenda,

How are you?

These pics are absolutly breathtaking!

The magazine with the feature of my home was published this week and as I had told you your blog has also been mentioned in my interview in this magazine.

Wishing you a lovely weekend.
xoxo Rozmeen

Unknown said...

Hello Glenda, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such kind words...it is certainly a pleasure to "meet" you and I must say what a very inspiring blog you have! So many wonderful images and what a lovely post this one is. Warm wishes to you too,
Angela

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Great collection of images. Love you blog posts!

Susan T said...

Openview Barn, what a fabulous place. I always know where to come to see wonderful interiors. Have a great weekend Glenda. Love and hugs from here. xxx

The Paper Mulberry - Glenda Steel said...

Thank you so much for such kind comments!!!! So generous and lovely of you! A huge thank you to Rozmeen, your home is divine and how thrilling to see it in the pages of a magazine! Warmest of wishes - Glenda xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images! So pure and honest, dreamy and comfortable. I could look at these images all day.

Again, you have managed to find the best images I've ever seen!

hampton sc said...

BRAVO!!
What a wonderful and inspirational images, Glenda.
Thanks for sharing!
Piola

Marit said...

Stunning photos and inspiration!!! LOVE IT!!!

Marit

Notes From ABroad said...

Over the past few months I have become quite a fan of all white rooms and decor. I have all the inspiration from blogs such as yours and websites such as this !
Now, with a new home looming on our horizon, I am saving all images to refer back to one day .. I intend to copy these and have this sort of clean open white home .. wish me luck :)

Paula said...

Hi Glenda,
It's all so fresh and beautiful looking. Wonderful images - many thanks.

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

What beautiful and inspirational photographs. I could quite happily move into Openview Barn just as it is...!
Love your blog!
Ali x

Decor de Provence said...

Glenda,
These images just made my evening!! You're so brilliant - each post always brings inspiration and happiness!

much love to you!
Desiree

Decor de Provence said...

Glenda,
This post just made my evening! You're brilliant - every post brings inspiration and happiness!

xx
Desiree

Wendy Paula said...

Glenda this is my favourite post of all what beautiful inspirational images, So wonderfully put together!
Love it:)
Wendy xo

Anonymous said...

beautiful images and wonderful sources. Thanks for sharing!

The Paper Mulberry - Glenda Steel said...

You're very welcome and thank you so much for such lovely messages! Warmest wishes - Glenda

matind'hiver said...

This post is very very beautiful !
I love white and wood and your blog.
Have a nice week end !

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Glenda, came across your beautiful images on Pinterest which in turn led me here! WOW - I want to move into your blog. The images in this post are stunning!

Sharon

summersoul said...

I love every photo Glenda! Beautiful post!

Michele